M.Cl.Sc., S-LP(C), Reg. CASLPO
Caitlin Cormier is a registered Speech-Language Pathologist with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). She holds her national certification with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC). She is a member of The Ontario Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (OSLA).
Caitlin received her Master of Clinical Science in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Western Ontario in 2011. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 2007.
Caitlin has 10 years of clinical experience providing services to both children and adults with communication needs. Caitlin is committed to professional development. A sample of professional certifications and courses includes:
- Level 2 training in PROMPT (PROMPTs for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets for apraxia and motor speech disorders)
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- Hanen It Takes Two To Talk (early language facilitation program)
- Hanen More Than Words (communication and social skills program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- “Building Better Readers: A Focus on Reading Fluency”, “Play-Based Therapy: Theory and Methods”, “Effective Evaluation and Intervention Procedures for Lateral and Frontal Lisp Disorders.”
Caitlin is dedicated to the assessment and treatment of children and adults with a range of communication needs. Caitlin has a special interest in stuttering, literacy and phonological awareness development, and speech development (articulation, phonology, apraxia). Other areas of practice include pre-school and school-age language, social communication, stroke/aphasia and feeding/swallowing disorders.
Caitlin is experienced liaising with “parents as partners” in the therapy process. She is passionate about collaborating with parents, teachers and other community care providers to provide coordinated services and to ensure meaningful and functional outcomes.
Caitlin grew up in Orangeville and now lives with her husband and two children in Georgetown. She enjoys travelling, soccer and has her pilot’s licence. Caitlin likes to pay it forward and volunteers at the local food bank. Caitlin loves to sing! Whether it is “Itsy Bitsy Spider”, a song from Frozen or the newest #1 hit song on the radio, she will sing ‘em all!